At the February 24th board of education meeting, the Woodford County school board approved two recommendations for making up school days missed due to inclement weather. Those two recommendations were going to school on Memorial Day, which will now occur due to the missed day on Feb. 26th, and adding 30 minutes to the school day for 12 days to make up each additional day. We have tried to manage the calendar and take advantage of every make-up day possible with the goal of June 6th being the last student day. With summer camps, summer vacation plans and the many other activities that begin the second week of June, we fully understand that this would not be the best situation for anyone. With the latest day missed we now are to the point of adding the additional time to the school day. The plan for the additional 30 minutes would be as follows:
- Each school would start 5 minutes earlier than the normal start time.
- The dismissal time would be 25 minutes later than the normal dismissal time.
- The adjusted times would begin March 13th.
- March 13th-March 28th would make up one snow day.
- Bus pick-up times would be 2-3 minutes earlier than normal.
- The adjusted schedule would continue after spring break if needed. Details will be provided in follow-up communications.
Should any legislative relief be offered, this will be considered at the March or April board meeting. We will continue to monitor the session for any updates.